Subject: Re: 3c905b Ethernet Cards
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/17/1999 18:49:16
On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 10:27:20AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> How can you be willing to claim that there's some generic driver issue
> (which is contraindicated by the experience of many other users) based on
> such vague descriptions as "slow as hell" and "the same problems".

By "the same problem" I mean 10MBit speed over a 100MBit network where
another ethernet board works reasonable.

> Uh -- are you *sure* the devices at both end of the link agreed that
> it was 100baseTX, and that they both had the same duplex setting?

I didn't check for duplex modes but the fxp board definitely was in
100MBit mode.

> Hard-wire both ends to 100baseTX and full-duplex and see what happens.

I don't have that fxp board any more. I only borrowed it and don't want
to buy one at the moment.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/