Subject: Re: NetBSD-based repeater
To: None <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/09/1999 10:40:33

YA> If you can't have a discrete subnet, static routes is the only
YA> choise you have...

Yeah, but static routes don't seem to be working.

When I configure the second interface, I get a "SIOCAIFADDR: file
exists", presumably because it's trying to add a second route to
153.90.240.0/24.  That's fine.

Then I try to add a route to a single machine.  I can get the route to
show up just fine in the routing table that "netstat -nr" prints,
except for one thing:  The interface is always de1, no matter what I
try to change it to de0.  I've tried using "-interface <addr of de0>",
I've tried "-ifa de0", I've tried "-ifp de0", and no luck.  It always
points to de1, which is the first interface I brought up.  Shouldn't
there be a way to tell it, "Yes, I know it sounds stupid, but I really
do want you to use this interface?"

Thanks for the advice,

Chris

--