Subject: Re: dhclient in rc*/netstart
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/1999 06:28:55
    Curt> This appears to me to break if you don't have a writable
    Curt> root; /var will get mounted, but normally one runs dhclient

  As does /etc/dhclient.db or something like that.
  I think that the solution to this problem is to run dhclient in a
mode where it pulls the lease info out of the kernel's copy of
dhclient (since you probably booted diskless in my opinion, or you
couldn't have an NFS /var before configured the network)

  dhclient then does its things, confirms the lease without doing a
new DISCOVER, and then, from dhclient's script, you do a "mount -t
nfs". The rest of system waits or doesn't, as makes sense.

]              Have encryption. Will travel.                    |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[