Subject: Re: IP Tunneling I think ?
To: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/27/1999 11:29:39
"Heiko W.Rupp" <hwr@pilhuhn.de> writes:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 11:45:42AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > Uhm... don't forget that distributing _any_ software in source form makes it
> > easily possible to add crypto code.
>
> This is clear to me, but I doubt politicians understand this ...

Look, the crypto restrictions in the U.S. are likely unconstitutional
anyway. Just don't flout them and be reasonable in the ways you get
around them and no one will get in trouble. The last thing the
U.S. government wants is to actually bring the test case into the
courts that causes the whole thing to be thrown out, and arguing that
you can't distribute algorithms would probably cause them that sort of
problem in court.

Perry