Subject: Re: IP Tunneling I think ?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Devol <randyd@rahul.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/1999 08:21:29
At 06:21 AM 1/26/99 +0200, Lucio de Re wrote:
>According to Perry E. Metzger:
>>
>> PPTP is an abortion. I don't know that we *should* support it.
>>
>Give or take the _feasibility_ of suppporting it, there is no better
>way to prove that it _is_ an abortion.

Does NetBSD provide any way to create a secure Virtual Private Network?
Even if it is only supported between NetBSD-based machines, I am interested
in knowing the options.

BTW, for those of you who are interested, the press release at
http://www.counterpane.com/pptp.html says analysis found no flaws in the
protocol itself, only in the Microsoft implementation of it.  Maybe the
protocol is not the problem. :-)

-=O=- Randy

In "A Scanner Darkly," was Philip K. Dick foreshadowing Web commerce:
"Someday, he thought, it'll be mandatory that we all sell the McDonald's
hamburger as well as buy it; we'll sell it back and forth to each other
forever from our living rooms."