Subject: Available: driver for Xircom Netwave
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org, thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Michael Eriksson T/K <Michael.Eriksson@era-t.ericsson.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/28/1998 17:49:17
Howdy!

I've written a driver for the Xircom CreditCard Netwave (also known as
the Netwave Airsurfer) wireless LAN PCMCIA adapter for -current. I
don't have any hardware documentation, so I used the Linux driver as
the reference :-).

It works very well (I'm using it when writing this :-)). I'd be happy
to have it added to NetBSD, but a beta test period might be good. If
anyone who knows PCMCIA would like to browse the code, that wouldn't
hurt either (the PCMCIA stuff isn't very well documented :-)).

So... Is there anyone who is interested? Or should I just send-pr it,
and hope that somebody bothers to add it to the repository?

Regards,
Michael