Subject: Re: pppd's routes aren't getting created reliably
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/08/1998 23:39:31
    Bill> The problem is that the IP address given to machine B is
    Bill> within the netmask of the ethernet, and pppd is having
    Bill> trouble setting up the routes to the other end of the link.

    Bill> I don't think this is a bug in pppd, I think its a bug in
    Bill> the network configuration. I don't understand why the ppp
    Bill> link addresses were chosen within the netmask of the

  Is the proxyarp option being given to PPPd?
  This is done all the time.

]              At IETF43. It's sure humid.                      |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[