Subject: Re: pppd's routes aren't getting created reliably
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/04/1998 13:05:01
>>>>> "Ignatios" == Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> writes:

Ignatios> This should not interfere. I've had the same setup (only
Ignatios> with a bah0 Ethernet interface) for years. Only be sure to
Ignatios> not give ppp0 any netmask != 255.255.255.255.

Nope, doesn't work.  I tried changing the netmask to 255.255.255.255
(which, in retrospect, seems like a very good idea), but I get the
same symptoms:  If that route exists when cricket dials in, then pppd
doesn't change it to point out the correct interface.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu