Subject: Re: Wireless LAN and NetBSD?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/24/1998 15:35:13
Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net> writes:

> In the recent discussion on strong end-systems, someone made a comment about
> wireless LANs that got me thinking it would be real nice to set up a wireless
> LAN at home so I could roam with my laptop (the house is a royal pain to run
> cable in, and I'd rather not put a jack in every room either).

I use WaveLan cards in my laptop, and many do around here as well.  I
think the price for the non-DES encrypted ones range from $375 to DES
encrypted units for about $500.

There is no driver, however, that is standard NetBSD.  Yet.  I've
heard rumors about there being one at some point, but I've not heard
much on it lately.

--Micahel