Subject: Re: ip masquerading? (Update)
To: phil freeman <freeman@lbpc.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/21/1998 23:16:16
On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 12:56:24PM -0500, phil freeman wrote:
> i have a cable modem and used to run linux to masquerade my internal
> network. recently i purchased a DEC alpha station and have installed
> netbsd on it. i would like to set it up as my gateway. is this possible
> under netbsd... some specs:
> 	running netbsd 1.3.2
> 	233mhz 32 megs ram.
> 	two nics (3com and dec, both working)
> 	scsi, etc....
> hmm, i hope i'm posting this in the right list...

In my first reply, I said "yes we do".

I learned a few minutes later that "ipfilter" was broken on Alpha (which has
64bit longs and pointers) in 1.3.2.

It's fixed in both -current and the 1.3.x branch, so you have two options:

a) if you like experimental code, you can use the recent -current snapshot
but:
<ross> The snapshots are good, as long as you don't have a TGA and
<ross> want an X server.

b) you can wait for 1.3.3.

	-is