Subject: Re: LANCE (Am7990) DMA
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/06/1998 20:31:04

    Matt> Am I reading the lance code correctly in that none of the le
    Matt> drivers actually do DMA directly to/from mbufs but actually have
    Matt> other buffers they DMA with and then copy to/from mbufs from those
    Matt> buffers?

  Two things:
	1. I may be in a position to change this as paid work.
	2. Are there other chipsets that do the DMA to mbufs in a
	MI compatible way?

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.