Subject: MAC addresses
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/22/1998 18:55:34
In years past you could set the mac address using
the ifconfig command. Is it possible to change the
mac address of 3c905 cards? I have multiple computers
that i want to be able to plug into my cable modem,
which only responds to the mac address of the registered
ethernet card. The bother of moving the ethernet card
around is way too much. I haven't seen any 3com utility
to do the programming of the mac address, and haven't
seen any example of writing to the serial eeprom on the
card, so i am most likely to trash the cards that i have.
--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net
P.O. Box 482