Subject: More on the wierd ftp behavior on -current
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/21/1998 00:19:49
OK.  I've now got two -current machines (both PC's) that exhibit the ftp
stalls (between DEC-based Netgear cards in 100baseTX, half-duplex
operation).  Note that I pretty much have to be at the console to see
this behavior and it seems to jam up after a good bit of data is sent
through.  I tried playing with some of the sysctl variables, but
couldn't get much change in behavior.  The netmask and broadcast are
correct (255.255.255.128 / 151.199.66.255).

So, anyone have any more thoughts?  This should be easy to reproduce--
just make sure you're not on an active network terminal link to the
server machine.  A watchdog can unfreeze the connection, as apparently
can any traffic to/from the server.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this ASAP, and I'd welcome any suggestions
on how to do so.  I know precious little about the networking code...

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com