Subject: Re: perhaps time to check our TCP against spec?
To: Perry.E.Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/1998 20:39:28
>Frankly, your points would probably be better listened to if you were
>being less confrontational here. I've sat with Jason through TCPIMPL
>working group meetings, with Jason furiously taking note of all the
>things he needed to change in our stack. You are being at least a bit
>patronizing to him. He is not an idiot.

Perry,

Please go back and look at who started flaming, who often, and when.

I have tried being non-confrontational.  I *started* being
non-confrontational. I think it' impossible for me to mention
NetBSD-specific performance problems to Jason without *him* taking it
personally and coming back with an ``in your face'' attitude.
I have had more than enough of that. I'm sick of it.

Jason has been accusing me of either sheer incompetence orof lying
about performance data for some time now.  Even when I show hard data
showing two performance problenms, Jason has been condescending about
whether the problems even *exist*.

Jason has repeatedly told me to ``get a clue'', even though he
subsequently acknowledged the topologies i was showing im did in fact
demonstrate a problem.

Jason has decided to violate tcp-impls consensus on
   ``be conservative in what you send''.

he's the one who has shouted at me that he "doesn't CARE" what it
breaks.
What am I supposed to say to that?

>> We have a point where one of the NetBSD Core Group is flaming that
>
>If you calm down, maybe he will.

Perry, please go back and look at who started flaming whom.

When Jason can muster enough professionalism to stop accusing someone
who shows performance problems in NetBSD, and who presents data to
prove it,  that the problem simply doesn't exist;

When Jason can muster enough professionalism to not shout things like
``get a clue'' at those who're busily trying to show him where there's
a problem;

then maybe I will calm down even further.

As it is, I've been repeatedly told I'm either lying or I'm faking my
data, and being told to ``get a clue''.  Would Jason pull crap like
that on people at tcp-ipml?  I don't think so.

Why is it OK for him to consistently pull it on me?