Subject: Re: perhaps time to check our TCP against spec?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/1998 23:09:00
Jonathan Stone writes:

> >If you want to discuss this calmly, thats fine, but frankly, if you
> >want to have Stanford use FreeBSD, it would probably be easier to let
> >you do that than to deal with people making threats as a way of trying
> >to trump in a technical discussion.
>
> Perry,
>
> I am trying to make a legitimate techmical point.

Then make the point and quit spending time threatening people.

Frankly, your points would probably be better listened to if you were
being less confrontational here. I've sat with Jason through TCPIMPL
working group meetings, with Jason furiously taking note of all the
things he needed to change in our stack. You are being at least a bit
patronizing to him. He is not an idiot.

> We have a point where one of the NetBSD Core Group is flaming that

If you calm down, maybe he will.

Perry