Subject: Re: perhaps time to check our TCP against spec?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/1998 17:08:38
Jason,

just so you understand how serious I am about this:

Unless NetbSD includes the old, pre-in_maxtu  negotation, and
has that on by default,  I am not going to run NetBSD on my laptop.

Further, I am going to tell anyone at Stanford who asks me about which
version of Unix to run, that they should NOT choose NetBSD, because
Jason Thorpe (thorpej@nas.nasa.gov) has deliberately made NetBSD's TCP
violate historical practice, and that the NetBSD developers have said
publicaly that they are not interested in supporting the requirements
of instutions which, like Stanford, have large networks, with lots of
legacy equipment, designed using the prevalent best-practice rules of
the late 1980s and early 1990s.

In those exact words.
Fair warning.