Subject: Re: IPv6?
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/23/1998 21:56:36

    >> Anyone considering integrating the IPv6 stuff from INRIA?
    >> (ftp://ftp.inria.fr/ipv6)

    Jun-ichiro> 	I'm planning of integrating WIDE IPv6 stack.
    Jun-ichiro> 	http://www.v6.wide.ad.jp/

  Good! That is of non-US origin. May I assume you are a non-US citizen
working outside of the US?

  Now that I have lots of cable modem bandwidth, I am considering setting up
a non-US CVS/SUP tree for network security code.
  How does this sound: have a directory, "international" that has all code
of non-US origin that is stored outside the US. "international" would
not be available from US-based FTP/CVS/SUP servers.
  I can't quite think of a way to overlay sys/netinet code though. Maybe
put:
	#ifdef INTERNATIONAL
	#include "../../international/sys/netinet/in.h"
	#else
	#endif

  on any files that get replaced by crypto versions?

  Yes, this introduces a maintenance nightmare.

   :!mcr!:            |  Sandelman Software Works Corporation, Ottawa, ON
   Michael Richardson |Network and security consulting and contract programming
 Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
 Corporate: sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.