Subject: Re: ISO Configuration on NetBSD v1.3
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/19/1998 21:44:09
Hi Manish,

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working with NetBSD v1.3
>
> I need to know more information about configuring two NetBSD machines in ISO/OSI network topology.
> I know who to use ifconfig to assign different protocol family address to a network interface. But I am not clear on deciding the NSAP address with respect to NetBSD (man pages of ifconfig does not give enough information on who the NSAP address's are to be given/interpreted).

I'm using ISO CLNP to run a custom boot server for an old diskless
workstation (an IsiCAD Prisma, uses ISO in place of the more usual
BOOTP). 'ifconfig.le0' on my 1.3 system looks like this:

	inet estcarp netmask 0xffffff00
	iso 49.00.01.00.60.30.00.22.33.00

The NSAP is my MAC address with '49.00.01' on the front and an '00'
on the end. This is a minimal NSAP but it works for me.

   George Harvey                  | Amiga A3000T, CyberStorm-II 040,
   email: fr30@dial.pipex.com     | Picasso-II, MFC-III, Ariadne