Subject: Host flags
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John R. Daily <jdaily@bbn.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/26/1997 19:03:01
I'm using NetBSD 1.2 on a Sparcstation.

Ignoring the issue of why I might wish to do such a thing, how can I
set routing flags for a host on a local network?

According to the 'route' man page, I believe I should be able to add a
host route on a local network by the command:

route add -host remote_host -interface local_host

where local_host is the IP name or address of the local interface on
the same network as remote_host.

This doesn't seem to work, so I was interested in the "route change"
command. RTM_CHANGE is defined in net/route.h, but that message doesn't
seem to be handled in net/route.c, and my only attempt to use it
resulted in a kernel panic, so I'm loathe to try it again.

So, what other options might I have available to me?

--
John R. Daily
jdaily@bbn.com