Subject: Re: erroneous ack packet, ideas please?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/17/1997 23:29:33
> [[  eager accept ]]

> How does this compare to prior art, like the socket interface that
> Pink and Partridge used for their ST-2 implementation, which (IIRC)
> provides a vaguely OSI-like model where apps got to decide whether or
> not to accept a connection?

I'm not familiar with that, but I have used some vaguely prior art.  On
a certain old version of Ultrix, DECnet sockets (optionally) did more
or less what's being discussed here.  The interface, IIRC (it _was_
long ago), was that after creating a socket, you did a setsockopt() on
it before doing the listen.  When you did an accept, you got a socket
in a pre-accept state, and you had to setsockopt() it to either accept
it and make the socket usable or reject it and close the socket.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca