Subject: Re: IPv6 integration
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/01/1997 18:13:04
In message <xofhggmpynh.fsf@blubb.pdc.kth.se>Johan Danielsson writes

>What is the current state of ipv6 integration (is there a state)?
>There are at least three different ipv6 implementations, none of them
>seem to be very compatible with -current.

Alas, I'm afraid that you are correct.  I managed to port Inria-97030x
up to -current as of somewhere around that time by just dropping
the Inria net and netinet over -current.  I had to make some
tweaks to kern/socket* to deal with some minor changes in the interfaces,
but it pretty much works, and lets me deal with newer interface
types, like the AC revisions of the Tulip chip...

I suspect that the NRL code would be even easier to port into place,
since it is designed to just drop over net and netinet.

I haven't tried out the UNH stuff yet, as I am still trying to
pry an Alpha from somebody's cold, dead, hands...  I think that
it was derived from the Inria code, but, again, I haven't looked
at it.

Kevin