Subject: How to: move TCP/IP stack user space?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.com>
From: Nitin Vijay Vairagare <vnitin@idc.tandem.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/21/1997 11:25:34
Hi !!!,

I am looking out for some information regarding moving TCP/IP stack
to user area. Right now what code we are using is largely dependent
on Unix Kernel.
If we plan to move out from kernel space to user space, then
we may have to write lot of stubbs.. for Kernel functions.
I have found some important sections which we need to concentrate
on:
1) Interrupts
2) memory allocation and deallocation.
3) timers.
4) raising and decreasing priorities to avoid memory corruption
and executing specific part of code when some particular event occurs.
E.g usage of spl*() kernel functions.

I want to know if there are any other issues to be considered?
even I will like to use experience of all you guys.. to analyse
above mentioned four points and suggestions for how to achive this.

--
Regards, 				Wipro Infotech, 37 Castle Street
Nitin Vairagare				Ashoknagar, Banglore - 560 025