Subject: Re: setting up a (kern)ppp client.
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <TIM_R@cii.ciinet.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/12/1997 12:06:54
#>my  /etc/ppp/login.chat.script file looks like this:
#>
#>ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' '' ATZ OK ATDT513 CONNECT '' TIMEOUT 10
#>ogin:-\\r-ogin: ppp TIMEOUT 10 sword: my_PPP
#>
#>I have tried running "chat -f /etc/ppp/login.chat.script" from the shell
#>prompt.
#>I see "ATZ" echoed to the terminal, and then it times out.
#>

a) why do you have your port set to 9600 with a 19.2k modem?
b) after it echo's ATZ, it is waiting for an OK from the modem (or in
the latter case your console.  you might need to give it one by
issuing the command ate1q0 (echo on quiet off).  Check what ATZ does
to your modem.. it may be setting one or both of those wrong.

Tim Rightnour - timr@cii.ciinet.com
Communications Integrators Inc
(ph)602-491-1186 (fax)602-491-2195