Subject: Re: Network Address Translation and IP security
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/18/1997 19:31:23
> but an equally useful bit of advice is

> 	"Plan to co-exist with NAT boxes because they WILL be used heavily."

Well, yeah, in the sense of "don't let them break you", but that
applies to _anything_; when it comes to that, you have to assume
everything on the net is doing its damnedst to make you fall over,
because sooner or later something will happen to trip the bug in
question.

This is not to say that we should plan to make life easy for NAT boxes
or for people who use them, if it makes anything any harder for us, any
more than we should speak NetBIOS to make life easier for NT boxen.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca