Subject: Re: Localtalk interface design ideas
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu, tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/13/1997 17:36:42
In article <9702132200.AA11492@vali.stanford.edu> you write:
> True.. But what good will that do my mac IIsi at home? Apple supports
> LocalTalk on that hardware, why can't we? :-)

Seems to me that the Z8530 AppleTalk driver can and should be made MI,
and written to work with the existing zs framework (at least to the
extent that zsllap or whatever should attact as a child of the zs, and
should arbitrate access the the zs channel with zstty). That way, all
Z8530-using ports can use it. Plus a farallon ISA driver would be dead
simple to write, and would support being used as tty for free.