Subject: Re: Sendmail and duplicate mail addresses
To: Nick Loman <nick@csosl.co.uk>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/1997 11:42:54
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Nick Loman wrote:

> Hey there.
>
> Is it possible to use an e-mail address "info@csosl.co.uk" and
> "info@ccg.co.uk" on the same machine with sendmail running on a single IP
> address (with csosl and ccg domains an A record to my NetBSD box) ?

	No problem:
	Either edit /etc/sendmail.cf and chnage the 'Cw' line to read:
	Cwlocalhost csosl.co.uk ccg.co.uk,
	or do something similar in your .mc file (if youre doing anything
	non trivial, any sane person will go into src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf
	and use a .mc file to generate their .cf

	Quick check is to 'mail -v addr' to see what sendmail thinks
	afterwards. Remember to restart the sendmail daemon to pick
	up the changes for incoming mail.

> Also- how can I use long email addresses, e.g. "Nick.Loman" with the NetBSD
> password file?

	Rewriting outgoing mail, or just aliases for incoming?
	Incoming aliases:
	edit /etc/aliases and add lines of the form
		from:	to
	(to can be an external address, ie
		anne:	a.n.other@somwhere.else
	The run 'newaliases'.

	Rewriting outgoing mail is more fun - never wanted to do it
	myself, but I'm sure someone else who has can help?

> Thanks in advance- if this is the wrong mailing list to ask sendmail
> specific questions in then could someone direct me to somewhere more
> appropriate?

	Probably a specific sendmail list or newsgroup would be better,
	or netbsd-help if you want to be asking netbsd people :)

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.