Subject: Re: TCP selective acknowledgement
To: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/20/1996 11:33:12
is@beverly.rhein.de writes:
> Has anybody looked at this?

I don't know, but SACK is one of the most important developments in
TCP in years. In conditions where more than a couple of packets in a
row drop, ordinary TCP dies a horrible death, but TCP with SACK keeps
on working. SACK is about to become an IETF standard, and it would be
a Very Very Very Good Thing if we put it into our kernels.

.pm