Subject: Re: Adding [published] ARP entries for a subnet?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/25/1996 09:12:23
Hi,

Jonathan Stone wrote:

>I'm wondering about adding the ability to do proxy-arp for an entire
>subnet. [...]
Good idea -- especially for a dialin server. Sometimes you can't get there
with routing (too many old and dumb machines on the LAN...).

>NB: Linux supports this already.

Now _that_ is a compelling technical argument.  ;-)

(No Linux/BSD flames please; I'm using Linux myself. So there.)

--
The cheapest, fastest, and most reliable components of a computer
system are those that aren't there.