tech-multimedia archive

uvideo webcam on big-endian systems

Hi,

I just bought a UVC-compatible webcam from Sonix which works fine on
NetBSD/i386 (apart from its blurriness).

Yesterday I plugged it into a macppc system running current, and all I
get is a green vertical stripe pattern.

Was the driver ever tested on big-endian systems? Could there be a bug?

I just skimmed over the source of video.c and uvideo.c without
understanding it, but maybe there has to be an endian-conversion in
buf32tobuf() and buftobuf32() of video.c?

Regards,

--
Frank Wille