Subject: Re: NetBSD/systrace error: EINVAL
To: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
From: Kristaps Johnson <kristaps@gradient-enterprises.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 07/04/2006 16:47:24
>> No, it returns with success.  I just re-ran with:
>
> In your code, it is not checked, so you can't know that it returned with
> success.  If the code you are actually running is different, please post
> that code.  Otherwise, you must check the return value of open, you
> can't just assume it is correct.

Seth, the sample code is a mock-up of what was causing me problems from my
original codebase - namely, EINVAL at read.  I duplicated only the
problem-causing code and the steps required to get there (originally in
effort to clarify the problem), then removed all ancillary error-checking
for newspost-ready brevity.

I can re-post the sample code with full error-checking but it does not
change the results (Invalid argument, meh).

Thanks,
   Kristaps