Subject: Re: Coverity and userland...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-misc
Date: 04/10/2006 16:35:33
In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0604101520380.27878@m24s24.vlinux.de>, Hubert Feyrer writes:

> Yep - you're welcome to help digging out the changes made in NetBSD and
> feeding back upstream!

Thanks!  I will do my best to help closing these bugs.  But at this time
it will be difficult, perhaps starting at the end of june... two months
ago I got a temporary position as professor at the "Computer networks"
course of this University.  This year, students will learn how using
a useful tool: the ns network simulator.  They will use NetBSD too,
I use it daily on the course, and learn something about IPv6.  :-)

I had a problem with my doctoral thesis again.  I am trying to finish
my Ph.D. studies since 2003 (I started in 2001!!!).  This time, the
technical committee believes that "it seems that my Ph.D. thesis is
a big improvement for computer networks and that I got very good
papers published, but that no one is able to understand what I did
as my thesis is too difficult to understand".  They are asking for an
easier to understand version of my thesis.  Well, I doubt I have "good"
papers (I am unhappy with the papers I wrote) and certainly my thesis
is not difficult to understand at all.

I hope being able to contribute to these changes in some months,
and finally dropping this University forever.  :-(

BTW, I did not forget the changes to the hardcoded "usage" messages
in NetBSD either, just stalled them until this summer for the very
same reason.

Cheers,
Igor.