Subject: Re: Coverity and userland...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-misc
Date: 04/10/2006 15:09:58
In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0604101406570.27878@m24s24.vlinux.de>, Hubert Feyrer writes:

> FYI, see also:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2006/04/09/0010.html
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2006/04/10/0011.html

Hi Hubert.

Thanks a lot for these references.  I should have read them before
asking but I did not find these posts.  It is nice to see that both
kernel and userland are being audited.  I suppose that most bugs
on X.org are currently easy to backport to XFree86, though! ...but
it is beyond me how synchronizing the bug fixes for third party
software with the original source code trees.  There is a risk of
some bug fixes for third party software being dropped as soon as
these software packages are upgraded if not applied to the main
source trees of these projects.

Best regards!

Igor.