Subject: ppbus drivers?
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Josh <pkplex@orcon.net.nz>
List: tech-misc
Date: 11/30/2004 15:34:31
Hello..

I am wanting to write a driver for 2.0 for a device attached to the printer port.

A while ago I wrote the driver for 1.6, but have only the driver code and have long since forgotten how to actually add a new driver with the crazy autoconfig system.

Anyway, I want to try this ppbus system.

I see there are files in /usr/src/dev/ppbus/ and I can figure out the actual driver code, but how do I 'register' my driver so it gets compiled into the kernel? Nothing to do with ppbus seems to be mentioned anywhere in the 2.0 kernel configs.

Any suggestions, hints, advice, urls?

Thanks