Subject: Cygwin Build Patch
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: John Gordon <john_94501@yahoo.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 05/07/2003 17:10:35
Hello all,

I have completed a set of changes to the NetBSD build infrastructure that allow
me to build at least two architectures (i386 and my ibmnws platform, a PowerPC
box) under Cygwin/Windows XP.

I have made a patch for this, and provide instructions on the required
configuration of Cygwin (including a small change needed to the Cygwin CVS
implementation to avoid case-insensitivity filename clash problems) on my web
site at:

    http://www.bluedonkey.org/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Netbsd/CygwinBuild

I will also file a change request problem report, with the patch pasted into
it, so that this information is recorded somewhere.

The speed of the build, at least on my XP box, is not great, but it does work.
I have managed to build everything all the way through to generating a RAM disk
root file system based kernel for the ibmnws box, and that boots successfully.

Any comments, questions, or problems using these changes please let me know. I
will try my best to help out with any fixes - I've probably seen most of the
errors that are likely to crop up now ;-)

Rgds,
John...

=====
Rate Corporate America at http://exec-ratings.bluedonkey.org