Subject: cdio
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-misc
Date: 07/14/2002 23:50:02
Hi all,

I've been poking around cdio.h, and here's what I determined:

o There is no simple CDROM_DRIVE_STATUS or some such.  I can't determine
  if a tray is open or closed unless I try to open or close it.

o In order to open a tray that does not contain a cdrom, I need to specify
  the raw device.

o If there is a cd in the drive, I am allowed to not specify the raw
  device

o If the tray is open, I need to specify the raw device

Now, am I correct with these conclusions?  How can I poll the drive and
determine conclusively that (a) it's open, (b) it's closed AND contains
a CD or (c) it's closed and does NOT contain a CD?

Thanks in advance for all pointers...

-Jan

--
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million
for good thinking, yeah?"