Subject: installing the same file twice using bsd.*.mk
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-misc
Date: 04/13/2002 02:06:15
Hi,

I couldn't find a more appropriate list, so here it goes:

During a 'build.sh release', the second stage bootloader for NetBSD/Amiga
(boot.amiga) needs to be installed in $DESTDIR/usr/mdec/ as well as $DESTDIR.
At the moment this is accomplished by a simple 'cp -p' in the Makefile
and thus, METALOG doesn't know about it. Consequently $DESTDIR/boot.amiga
is not included in base.tgz although it exists in the set lists.

I could simple use ${INSTALL_FILE} but although this would work it is probably
not the best approach.

Is there a way to install the same file twice in different locations?

The best idea I could come up with was copying the file to a different name
(e.g. boot.amiga.tmp) and add this name to FILES. FILESDIR_boot.amiga.tmp
would then point to '/' and FILESNAME_boot.amiga.tmp would be 'boot.amiga'.

What would you do?

ciao
     Klaus