Subject: ftp.de.netbsd.org is gone
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Volker Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: tech-misc
Date: 11/23/2001 08:46:32
Hello!

I really have no idea where the appropriate place to post this
query would be, but this is a low-traffic list so I'll try here.

The German subsidiary of the Finnish company Jippii has folded.
They had taken over the remains of the bankrupt Gigabell corporation.
Gigabell had a large and formerly well-maintained ftp server, which
was the primary German NetBSD ftp server, ftp.de.netbsd.org.

This server is no longer reachable. (Using the IP address, I could
still access it.)  They seem to have stopped mirroring, too.

Is anyone aware of the problem?  It would be nice if somewhere in
the www.netbsd.org HTML tree it could be noted who actually does
all the WWW-related work and where to contact them (if only to
thank them for the good job :-).

Thanks -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                    Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH                WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Meckenheim, Germany                                     Email: vab@bb-c.de