Subject: serial terminal
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: None <ragnar@ragnartech.net>
List: tech-misc
Date: 05/26/2001 21:45:00
I'm having some trouble getting a serial terminal connection to
my i386 netbsd system.  I'm using a TI laptop with Telix connected
with a null modem cable to tty01 on the netbsd end.  I've edited
/dev/ttys and made sure everything was in place, and did a
``kill -s HUP 1'' as root to made sure getty fired up on that line.
Note: I've ruled out hardware malfunction as the same hardware setup
worked under debian GNU/Linux.   terminal emulation is set to vt100
on both sides and the same baud rate is being used.  Currently, netbsd
will echo back what I type on the terminal/laptop, but I'm not presented
with a login prompt.  I'm sure it's something simple that I forgot to do.
Ideas? TIA,
ragnar