Subject: Re: serial console ?
To: None <suxm@gnuchina.org>
From: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-misc
Date: 05/21/2001 10:28:11
Setup serial bootblocks (if on x86) and then in /etc/ttys:

console "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100   on      secure

Or whatever speed you want the console at (57600 is usually better).

If you just want a serial port to allow login's turn them on with

tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on secure
tty01   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on secure
tty02   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on secure

etc

in /etc/ttys

James