Subject: Re: Third party source [was re: airport codes.]
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 10/26/2000 17:59:51
[ On Thursday, October 26, 2000 at 01:46:57 (-0400), Greg Hudson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Third party source [was re: airport codes.]
>
> But CVS is only one of several possible tools which can accomplish
> this goal.  And while it's in vogue in with open source projects now,
> it might not be forever.  CVS has a lot of aggravating flaws both in
> its design and implementation and has a source base which is
> notoriously difficult to work with.  And the level of current CVS
> maintenance is lackluster at best.

I agree 100% on all points.  However CVS is the tool currently used by
NetBSD core developers and as such it is the only tool which satisfies
that latter half of my statement -- i.e. it is the best (only real?) way
for third-party NetBSD developers to use to track and investigat the
details (diffs, commit comments, tags, etc.) of changes to NetBSD.

In any case it's in the source tree and builds in -current, and has been
so since 2000/09/04.  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods