Subject: Re: Third party source [was re: airport codes.]
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 10/25/2000 15:55:12
On 25 Oct 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

: > However cvs isn't required for "self hosting".
: >
: > The compiler, sure. CVS?? That's just there for people doing direct development
: > and I agree shouldn't be in the tree.
:
: I think I agree, and if it's not neither should RCS be in the tree for
: the same reasons I'd say.  If RCS should be, then I think CVS should
: be because, as far as I'm concerned, it's the extension that makes RCS
: truly useful.  8-)

Well, I proposed moving rcs to a pkg at one point.  That discussion is what
hammered out the two prerequisites for doing things like that:  guaranteed
build of the pkg, and flexible/easy install of the pkg.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/