Subject: Re: airport codes.
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 10/19/2000 11:46:44
On 19 Oct 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

# Date: 19 Oct 2000 10:08:36 -0700
# From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
# To: Al B. Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
# Cc: tech-misc@netbsd.org
#
# alaric@alaric-snell.com ("Al B. Snell") writes:
# > A
# > web browser in the base system would be... pointless! Who would it help?
#
# err, uh...
#
# "people wanting to view documentation that we ship only in HTML form
# (and can't without painful maintenance issues)?"

And we are shipping doco in HTML form precisely why?

.Rt T
.\" Rt:  Begin Rant.  Finish with .Rf (Rant finish)
.\"	T:  Tangential Rant
.\"	D:  Direct Rant
.\"	F:  Blatantly Abusive Flame
.fi
I notice that there's a lot of stuff missing from the usd section,
notably the nroff/troff tutorials; 13.amd is blank (I'm relegated
to using "info" to view the contents!), et al.
.sp
Frankly, I miss being able to roff the stuff into postscript and
print it, or roff it into text and view it.
.sp
An html browser is, to me, a waste of time when it comes to
documentation.  I'll take $TXTFORMAT $TFARGS | $PAGER $PGARGS any
day of the week.  One of the disappointing things to me is the GNU
migration away from man to info.  Granted, info can be useful,
but I want my man pages as well.
.Rf

# cgd

				--*greywolf;