Subject: Third party source [was re: airport codes.]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 10/19/2000 10:02:37
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: >    -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1019360 Sep 26 09:46 /usr/pkg/bin/lynx
: >    Junk it and sacrifice the 200KB more for something *really* useful.
: >
: > lynx should *never* become part of NetBSD.
:
: , because ....... < please fill this space.

<VENT>
The same reason CVS SHOULD NOT BE PART OF THE BASE DISTRIBUTION:

It's maintained by a third party, and we don't have significant local hacks
that have no other maintainer, so it is easier to maintain by keeping it in
pkgsrc.
</VENT>

This mass ingress of third party source that some people seem to want is
just plain redundant.  We don't need more source that we'll be "cvs
import"'ing over and over again.

: P.S.: rip out what you want as long as /usr/games/tetris stays ;-)

And /usr/games/tetris isn't actively maintained.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/