Subject: Re: mount checking disklabel for filesystem types
To: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-misc
Date: 09/16/2000 09:12:20
	That definitely helps, though you would have to include entries
	for msdos filesystems in dual boot PC systems, and it doesn't
	help you with arbitrary medial such as zip or a non iso9660
	CDROM.

	In the case where the disklabel has a valid filesystem type, mount
	should really use it - I've seen dual boot PC systems with a MSDOS
	partition that passes mount_ffs (with only light FAT damage when
	reused under windows).

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --