Subject: Re: ANSI vs. K&R
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-misc
Date: 03/13/1999 06:40:07
On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 03:24:49PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Every once in a while we have the ANSI vs. K&R mandatory style
> argument in NetBSD. Now that its past the 10th anniversary of the
> formal adoption of ANSI C, I thought I'd bring it up again.

Being one of the persons who have earlier (unintentionally) started
at least one flame war on this question, my answer is: Yes -- go for
it.

By the way, the standard to refer to is an ISO standard -- I can
find the exact reference, but not right now...

I even think that ISO 9899 (or whatever) actually superseded
ANSI X3.159 (or whatever) -- in consequence: it is a standard
for all of us, not just for "you americans" :-)

- Erik Bertelsen, UNI-C, Denmark