Subject: dump for ext2 and DOS
To: None <tech-misc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-misc
Date: 06/27/1998 21:38:32
  Does anyone have any plans to extend dump to be able to backup
DOS or ext2 file systems? (I keep a bootable Linux system on my desktop
to allow me to install things that insist that I must run Linux to
install them...)

  As an alternative, does anyone have any suggestions on how to backup
such file systems, particularly ext2 file systems? Tar doesn't work unless
you do your backups as root, which I don't particularly want to do over
the network. It appears that there isn't even dump that comes with Linux.
  [I like g read of /dev/?d0? for group operator...]

   :!mcr!:            |  Sandelman Software Works Corporation, Ottawa, ON
   Michael Richardson |	SSH IPsec: http://www.ssh.fi/. Secure, strong, international
 Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
 Corporate: sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.