Subject: Change time for /etc/daily
To: None <tech-misc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Baudoin <Marc.Baudoin@solsoft.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 10/26/1997 11:45:52
Hi,

this night, we, French people, had the opportunity to spleep one
more hour because we switched from daylight saving time to winter
time.  So, at 3 o' clock in the morning, it was 2 o' clock again.

But my NetBSD 1.2 system was not asleep and it executed its
/etc/daily two times (one time at 2 o' clock and another time at
3^H2 o' clock again) and, of course, I got its e-mail reports two
times.  By the way, FreeBSD has the same problem.

That's no big deal but I think most European countries have the
same problem and it would be great if the standard /etc/daily
was run at another time, say 1 o' clock.

What do you think?  It would be adequate for NetBSD 1.3 to run
its /etc/daily a little earlier or a little later to avoid this
kind of problem.

--
Marc Baudoin   -=-   <Marc.Baudoin@solsoft.com>
Security On-Line software