tech-kern archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Peculiar audio behaviour (9.1)



> In looking at your first message, I see hdaudio0 at pci0, . . . 
> However, audio0 attaches to uaudio0, which is a USB connected audio
> device.

Yes.  I'm told (I don't yet have physical access to the new hardware)
that that's the built-in audio, that there is no USB audio device
connected from an external human's point of view.

> I'm thinking there is some tangling of the audio subsystem
> because the hdaudio driver isn't properly attaching an audio device,
> but it isn't fully detached either.  In other words, I would expect
> to see audio1 attached to uaudio0 and audio0 attached to hdaudio0.

So would I.  But then, look at the `working' dmesg and you'll see two
hdafg instances, only one of which has an audio instance attached.  (My
quote was ambiguous - hdafg1 was at the end of the quote - but I did
not edit away any audio* attachment.)

> I'm thinking if you investigate that issue, it might reveal why it is
> writing to audio0 doesn't work.

Possibly.  Worth looking into, at least.

					Mouse


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index