Re: poll(): IN/OUT vs {RD,WR}NORM

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 02:33:48 +0000, David Holland wrote:

> anything other than the same set of vague descriptions we had in the
> older poll(2).

poll(2) is ... ok, I'm not even sure what adjective to use here.  I
had to write some async TCP poll code that needed to work on Linux,
Solaris and MacOS, and I also tested it on NetBSD - the behavior was
fairly noticably different (half-close was half the fun).  Yet all
behaviors were conforming to what the vaguue descriptions in (various)
poll(2) manpages said.

-uwe