Re: MNT Reform2 USB LCP flash

Staffan Thomen <staffan%shangtai.net@localhost> writes:
> Right, with this information is was very easy to put together a patch,
> and I can now mount the LPC fake umass device on my netbsd laptop. I
> didn't try writing the firmware yet but I'm sure that'll work too.
>
> Patch follows for anyone who might have need. I assume a PR is the best
> way of getting this committed?

Wouldn't it be neat if one could manipulate the kernel quirks
information from userland (moderated by the securelevel)?  So
when this strange USB device is plugged in and causes error
messages, one can just detach it, add one or more quirks, say by
having drvctl read or write plist entries from/to the kernel,
plug it in again, and just have it work.

				-jarle
--
"Meh, good enough."
				-- Mediocrates